Kindergarten Graduation

Kindergarten Graduation

Crossing the finish line at the NJ Marathon

Life with Jake...

Monday, August 24, 2009

Jake's View on Health Care...LOL

Those of us who work in the health care industry know that these are certainly complicated and challenging times. While those of us who have to USE the health care system know that something is about to happen...not many of us know exactly what that might be?!?

In the meanwhile, as we all wait and watch the battles that continue to rage on capital hill, I thought we might all benefit from a few insightful tips from our little 4 yr old scholar, Jake Anthony...

Today, while driving home from camp, Jake told me that his eyes had been hurting him all day. He said the left eye just needed to be "told to shape up" (something I realize I've been saying a lot of lately), but the right eye really just needed to be "thrown away". When I asked what he would do if we were to throw away that bad right eye, he responded as any observant 4 yr old of a mother addicted to amazon.com might respond..."Mommy, I'm just gonna go on my blackberry and order a new one (now, don't panic, he doesn't really have a blackberry...well, he does have one of my old ones, but it's not functional...well, it is functional and he uses it to pretend to order things, but it's not hooked up to any network...at least, I don't think it is?!? LOL) Then I can go to sleep tonight without it, because I keep my eyes closed anyway. And tomorrow, that man in the brown truck (UPS) or the one with the orange on it (Fed-Ex) can come here and bring me a new one!" From the mouth of babes...

Hmmm...wouldn't it be nice if it really worked that way?!?!?Just think...don't like the size of your hips...just go online and order some new ones. Have a foot that's bothering you or a "wonky leg", an order to amazon.com will do the trick! And if you have amazon prime, you can have free 2 day delivery!

After contemplating this idea, I asked him what would happen if the new eye came and it didn't match the color of the old eye, what would he do? He said he would throw the man who brought it in jail...which just goes to prove that even at 4 it's obvious that litigation is the only sensible answer to any medical mix-up. And then, he would ask Nanny to return it for him...which is ALSO what his mommy does to poor Nanny ALL the time!!! LOL

As we pulled into the driveway, he asked me for a tissue and although I'm sure that I have over 10,000 things in my car at any point in time, I did NOT happen to have a tissue. Which prompted him to say, he had decided to throw his nose away too because "did you never know that if you buy one thing you can get a whole other thing for not any money at all?"... which is his version of my explanation of why I sometimes buy him two of the same thing (in different sizes) when there is a buy one, get one free sale...oh vey, the boy doesn't miss a thing!

And, finally, the Jake line of the week (yes, and it's only Monday!)... when asked, so Jakey, who's coming to your party this Saturday??? He said (to the lady in the Party City store)... "oh just a hundred people who love me best!"... What better answer could there be?!?!?

Hope everyone has a great week!

Some new pics, as promised...

Relaxing after a hard day at work

Hang'in at the PPB boardwalk with his cousin, Timmy
Timmy, Chris and Jake














No comments:

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010

Nanny & Pops

Nanny & Pops

First Day of School!

First Day of School!

Going to 1st Grade!!!

Going to 1st Grade!!!

Jake & His Girl Jordan

Jake & His Girl Jordan

Jake Turns 4!!

Jake Turns 4!!
Jake Turns 4!!

Christmas 2007

Christmas 2007

Meet the Posse

Meet the Posse