Kindergarten Graduation

Kindergarten Graduation

Crossing the finish line at the NJ Marathon

Life with Jake...

Friday, December 11, 2009

"Momma, Best Friends Forever!!!!"

Just a short post about a very memorable moment during our Thanksgiving trip to Florida...

It had been a VERY long day and mommy, nanny and La La were all exhausted, sprawled around the hotel room. Jake, of course, was still running on 3/4 of a tank and was no where near ready for sleep or any form of rest. He was coloring busily and playing with his puzzles and running around from room to room making the rest of us even more tired just watching him go.

We were watching that tear jerker "The Dog Named Christmas" and of course, in the hotel room, we did not have the benefit of having our little Tivo remote to pause live TV or back-up if we missed something. The combination of that, having just finished packing, a long day and the thought of traveling the next morning had our nerves just a little bit frayed.

At that moment, Jake decided that he absolutely HAD to have the marker set that was already packed away for the airplane. He asked Nanny who said "no", he asked Mommy who said "no" and started to pace back and forth right in front of the TV asking please, please, please. Now, normally this would have triggered a "mommy meltdown" and believe you me, I was ripe for one. But I decided to just give in and get my tired self up off the couch and go and get them.

When Jake saw me get up, I honestly think the first thing he thought was that he was in BIG trouble, and he took a few steps back. (I think even Nanny was a bit nervous) When I went into the bedroom to my suitcase, he was only brave enough to watch from the doorway and dared not venture any closer. When I turned around and held out the markers he wanted so desperately, he came running in, jumped up into my arms, put a hand on each side of my face and said "thank you, thank you, thank you, momma...BEST FRIENDS FOREVER" and sealed it with a kiss.

It's moments like that that remind me that I'm the luckiest mommy in the world!!!

No comments:

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010

Nanny & Pops

Nanny & Pops

First Day of School!

First Day of School!

Going to 1st Grade!!!

Going to 1st Grade!!!

Jake & His Girl Jordan

Jake & His Girl Jordan

Jake Turns 4!!

Jake Turns 4!!
Jake Turns 4!!

Christmas 2007

Christmas 2007

Meet the Posse

Meet the Posse